Sunday, April 27, 2008

Final Exam: TCU Parking Flyer/Sign

My argument essay was about the pros and cons to TCU Parking. I discussed different perspectives in my essay and my own point of view. I feel that TCU Parking needs to be improved, whether by bulding a parking garage or doing a better job informing students of the rules and regulations of parking at TCU. I feel that students should make themsevles heard more or just be more informed of this problem.

I chose to make a flyer/sign as my medium for my final exam project. I will either make a flyer that can be handed out to the students or a sign that could be put all around campus so students will be able to easily see it. My audience is students at TCU so that's why I feel a sign or flyer would be the best way to reach them. I plan to include statistics on my flyer/sign showing how many tickets are given out, cars are broken into it, and parking spaces on campus. I want to put enough information to get my point across but not too much that it becomes cluttered. I will use bold, dark colors for the statistics and try to have the sign/flyer stand out. I'm still deciding if I want to use some type of image to get my point across. I will put TCU on the sign/flyer but I don't know if I will use an image yet.

As I thought about what I wanted to do, I was trying to think of what would appeal to TCU students. I wanted to make sure that I didn't put too much writing on the flyer/sign because I know college students are always on the go and don't really have time to stop and read. I think some kind of image would be effective but I'm still trying to decide what exactly I want to use. I want to make my flyer/sign effective and to the point. Hopefully, the statistics will shock students and make them want to do something or realize the parking problem at TCU.

No comments: