Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Topic for Discovery Essay

The topic that I decided on was on how myspace and facebook impact people's personal lives. I really am interested in writing about this and want to learn more about it. I also think that it is very important in our society and it does effect a lot of people.
I think that I will have enough to write about on this topic. I've been hearing several stories dealing with this topic for about a year now and especially recently. I also am interested in writing about this topic so that will help me as I write it. There have been a few things said about it and especially on about how teenagers are easily effected by what is said over myspace and facebook and how they put too imformation on these websites. This important topic does raise more questions like what can we do to prevent this from happening? And does it have any postive effects on people's live? And more. I think it really does matter and it is very important in our society. People's lives are effected everyday by the interenet and especially myspace and facebook.
One of the main reasons I chose to write about this topic is because I think people's lives are effected everyday by this and no one really does anything about it. Kids are putting personal information on these websites and getting themselves in trouble. Kids are also being bullied by messages or comments. There are many ways that people's lives are being impacted.

1 comment:

April Patrick said...

This sounds like an interesting topic for both you and most audiences. You may find it easiest to focus on specific types of effects personal networking sites have on people's lives (i.e., placing them in danger as a negative). Going into positives will help you balance out the sides of the topic, but be careful not to let the topic get too big. Sounds like a promising start.