Sunday, February 24, 2008

Glossing Activity

After doing the glossing activity, it helped me to look at the organization of my essay in an easier way. It also helped me to figure out what I needed to add to my essay and what to take out. I started off the essay with facts about the social networking sites and then I added a couple of personal experience stories towards the end. I think that, overall, my organization was effective but I could add more sources and spread out the personal experience stories. I think making these and a couple more changes to my essay will make it more effective and have a bigger impact on the reader.
I also plan to add more descriptive stories to show the pros and cons to these social networking sites. I think that detailed stories are very effective and I should have a few more. I also want to add more quotes to my essay. I think hearing it by someone else also provides a lot of support for whatever point you are trying to make. Glossing my essay really helped me to figure out what else I need to to.

No comments: