Sunday, January 27, 2008

Personal Essay Topic

The topic that I have chosen to write about for my personal essay is when I almost lost my older brother in a serious car accident. I could never forget that day and all the emotions that I felt. This experience really changed me and gave me a whole new perspective.
I chose this topic because it really impacted my life and it's something that will stay with me forever. I was a freshman in high school and it really made me grow up fast.
I really haven't gone through the story in detail so I think by writing about it, it will really help me to process everything I was feeling. It happened really fast and i think I'll get a better understanding of everything what happened by writing this personal essay.

3 comments:

Sebastilover said...

This is a very personal and deep topic. And the questions you have about this scary experience, i think will help you come to terms with it more.

Rebecca Reed said...

I think this is a great personal essay topic because it you are truly asking questions about yourself and YOUR feelings. I can't imagine having to go through such a scary experience and I think your essay will be a great way for you to reflect back on yourself and how you have grown. I really look forward to reading your essay.

April Patrick said...

This sounds like a great topic to dig into. Make sure to keep the focus on yourself, what you were feeling, etc., though it's certainly okay to incorporate the personal experiences of others into the narrative as well. I'm really looking forward to reading your draft on Friday!